so i've been thinking (haha!) with all the political correctness, and biting of the tongue that takes place, I have to wonder if perhaps this could be a contributing factor to some form of mental illness.
Hang with me on this.
Believe it or not, I filter. (be glad) However because of my "filter" I seem to be experiencing "conversations" in my head. They're are many and at times, after further review, I share a few. Typically my close friends are privy to my inner thoughts. My husband certainly gets his ear full. And good or bad my children are also on the receiving end of many. I'm not sure exactly how others feel about being privy to my inner thoughts but I'm quite entertained.
So, with that said...I have to wonder if perhaps the best bet is to just let it out. Let it all out so that it doesn't get jumbled up in your head causing you to mumble aimlessly to yourself causing others to think you're a loon thus landing you in a padded room. ( i've had visions of a padded room in my future! lol)
I don't know if it's possible this could be a cause of mental illness or if it could result in padded surroundings but I do know I'll probably continue to share...too much at times, blog...too much at times. If for no other reason than ...it's gets too crowded in my head.
that's all for now...just a little something i've been mulling over.


1 comment:
You know what Kelly, I think it is best to express yourself but in a considerate way to others, if they ask. Tell how you feel if something someone else says or does is upsetting to you. Surly we can do this in a way not to offend. Usually those who are offended want others to agree with them. Sometimes you do hurt people's feelings without meaning to, maybe it couldn't be helped. Whatever , it is better to let it out then to let it eat you alive and take all the joy from living. Its your life and it is what you make it. I believe it is all in the mind, if you win the battle there you have it won, because after all we live with ourselves 24/7. The physical is nothing compared to the mental, hits and bruising heal but the words never go back where they come from, once its out there you have lost control of them and now there you are. Stop think slow down and ponder a minute, is this really worth a battle and if it isn't to you then let go. You will live to enjoy another day without so much baggage. We can't please everyone probably even a few so why does it matter so much ? You give then the power so don't be so trusting , keep your power it is who you are.
Post a Comment