Perhaps the biggest dilemma for some is the passing of the drug test. Now this really takes me to a new level of annoyed! You don't have a job. You don't have your own income. Yet you can't pass the drug test. (or fear you can't) Really? how do you pay for your drugs? ....(insert scenes from Less than Zero & I just don't want to know) Even more troubling is to think that someone else's money has supported your recreation of choice. Sad.
I've been fortunate to have many, i repeat MANY job experiences and I can't think of a one that I didn't enjoy at some point. All were different, new, and brought about a host of different people in my life that I was fortunate enough to learn from. I can't remember EVER thinking I was above doing any job. And most times had difficulty even remembering what my pay rate/salary was.
You see, when you open yourself up to opportunity, the blessing isn't always in the form of a paycheck. Rather it's in the little things like: doing the job as best you can, sharing a smile with a coworker/customer, listening to others, embracing new situations, learning from a different environment.
I start a new gig on Monday and feel lucky, blessed and excited to do it. As I've never been a cashier in a real grocery store before. I only played one when I was 3 (& 5, 8 & 9 haha).
:)
Just a few of my gigs in this life: (in no particular order)
- substitute teacher: madison-grant, marion schools, oak hill schools
- teachers aide: ohjh
- dance teacher: dancers edge, playhouse
- cheer coach: oak hill, bennet
- waitress: max & ermas, pizza hut, chuckwagon, noble romans
- convenience store cashier/clerk
- human resource director
- administrative assistant
- secretary
- doughnut maker
- pizza maker
- kids hope director
- hallmark clerk
- hostess
- log auditor
- direct sales: pampered chef, longenberger, tupperware
- director of marketing
- farm worker planter/harvester of tomatoes :) (good times)
- and my 1st gig: order taker at Burger King! :) & it was fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment