Sunday, August 11, 2013

Well today begins day 5.  What a whirlwind these past 2 weeks have been!  From a group e-mail I opened 2 monday's ago, to casual convo with andy about the possibility, to kat making the final selection, to being told by the school it most likely wouldn't happen to a late night text that it was looking promising, to a 12pm wednesday confirmation, finally connecting on thursday, home visit on friday, factor in opening week of oliver and then she arrived!  and a day early to boot! whew!  don't know when i've been so excited, anxious, overwhelmed, etc.... WOW! 

She left her home monday and traveled to munich, washington dc, chicago and arrived in ft. wayne on wednesday.  Exhausted! Excited! Anxious! Nervous & Overwhelmed! as well!  Thursday was busy running errands and oliver, friday we visited the school for paperwork and chilled, saturday kids went to the splash house for one last bit of summer fun and as a family all took in oliver! The evening was topped off with a sleep over!  I can only hope friendships were made/strengthened!

I believe that all the emotion and what not are finally catching up with Katya. :(  Unaccustomed to the air condition, she has been dealing with a sore throat. And appeared a tired last night.  boo! Hope recovery takes place soon! As today will involve church and some back to school fun at youth group!

Back to school is looming! a.k.a. chaos!  :)  how exciting this year will be!  anxious to get it underway and attempt to develop a pseudo schedule so that additional bonding can happen with our new addition!

As this journey is unfolding I can't help to contemplate what life is like for a family 1/2 around the globe who is down 1 at their own table.  I can only hope that the conversations that we've had have helped to put them at ease.  Additionally I hope that I'm granted the necessary words to calm, ease, soothe any angst that Katya might feel. 

Praising the Lord for this, His plan for our lives and trusting in Him for all that we will learn/love from it! 

....wising I could speak Georgian! :)

No comments: