Monday, October 7, 2013

She's growing up! That in itself is a blessing. We're still somewhat early in her senior year and I find myself reminiscing with each step taken. I'm taking a boat load of pictures and reflecting with each one. I find myself also thinking about the classmates and friends who pose with Kat and those who might end up in the background. The trip down memory lane is being quite enjoyable and the unknown of the future is exciting.

In many ways Kat has really branched out this year. Not sure what switch was flipped, but it's been one that has let her branch out in many ways. I'd say it all began on the Marion Civic theater stage. What started out as my summer adventure quickly turned into her own adventure. It was fun to see her out of her element, with a varied cast of characters and thrive! It was as though she was blooming right before my eyes. Next thing you know she's found her way into the high school show choir, scored a vocal solo as well and had a successful audition for the school play. A dinner theater type of a show for which she managed to land a lead role. WOW. Totally new adventures for and with out a doubt she'll enjoy each one to its fullest.

The up & coming months will be equally as interesting. Of course there's the cheer gig, but throw into the mix concerts, contests, the Macy Parade performance, the start of basketball season, and finding out and deciding where she'll be attending college next fall is all so exciting. And with the addition of new friends and adventures it's sure to be a trip and one worth taking.

In the pic above many things stand out to me. Of course there's Kat & her daddy. Her number 1 guy for sure. And then there's Eli. That kid will always have a place in her heart and I'm not quite sure he knows it. From challenging her in the 1st grade, ignoring her crush (if he ever really knew at all) in the 3rd grade, to being someone she prays for continually, he will always be pretty special to her. The pic of her and Braelyn stands out to me for a number of reasons. Kat refers to their relationship as "frenimies". She says they both share in a dislike of one another, yet every now and again they seem to go to each other with random thoughts, feelings, and what not. I know Kat would do anything for her. As for the pic with the other girls, I have to admit when I first saw this pic I was taken back a bit. I look at it and I see untapped potential and at times I wonder why relationships/friendships never really developed between them. For Lexi was a classmate and attends the same church as Kat and Allie and Kat came to know one another through dance while in elementary and then she transferred to Oak Hill schools in high school. This year they will be cheering together and I know Kat has enjoyed getting to know Allie in that environment. And then there's the pic of Kat alone sporting her beautiful smile and the #75. Not sure what all that relationship will bring about or develop into but hey, if she's happy, I'm happy. I will say I approve. New territory for sure.

Life is an adventure. Being given the opportunity to live it is a blessing. I'm so happy to see Kat living it up and taking advantage of all the experiences that come with being a high school student. For this is it! Her one shot! And knowing she taking chances, opening herself up and living it up is exciting. My prayer is that the smile not fade but only continues to grow.

Loving life and it's blessings!

No comments: