I believe that life is all be design. I live this life as faithfully as I can possibly be, knowing God is 100% in control of all that comes my way.
I'd say that it's because of that faith that I've been able to not just enjoy but to look forward to every stage of life that I'm blessed to encounter. Few, if any tears fell as my children reached those milestones in life. 1st days of: kindergarten, grade school, middle school, high school, college. As well as those last days, graduation. As I reflect, I'm overwhelmed and humbled that my God would love me so much that He not only sacrificed His own son but blessed me with two of His own children.
As Kathryn prepared to leave for college I was excited and ready for her to embark on this journey. And then she was there. She didn't walk through our door of an evening. I didn't get to hear her voice retell whatever event of the day she wished to share. And I missed her. So not thinking anything of it I texted, called, and facebooked her far too often. I thought I was letting go only to find out I was holding her back. Feeling like I couldn't fix me on my own I did the only thing I knew to do and prayed as well as ask for prayers. And then I forgot about it.
A pastor once told me that once we give it to God we need to be done with it. As a faithful servant we need to demonstrate that faithfulness, trust in Him and not take 'it' back. Not sure why that bit of advice has stuck with me but I have clung to it over the years. It's been a comfort.
Seeing God at work in all aspects of my life and the lives of those I love, constantly....reminds me that He's got this.
Kat's been back at school for just over 2 weeks. Our conversations have been few but lovely. Matt has started his last semester of his junior year and I can see God at work in his world as well.
For His grace, design, plan and love for me and my family, for the love of His children I am forever thankful and will remain faithful.
God is good ....all the time.


No comments:
Post a Comment