Movie date with my hubby last night to see Cinderella. Quite good by the way! ....but as I was watching the moving memories came flooding back from a moment in my childhood.
My dad had returned home from some trip and he brought back for me a pair of "glass" slippers, a Cinderella watch and jewelry box. He said they were for his princess.
I contemplated this memory quite a bit both during the movie and the ride home. Many thoughts went through my head: my how times have changed? why did he go away for a time....was it really for work? and why hasn't he called/reached out like my brother said he wanted to do, let by gone be by gone, forgive (not sure for what) & forget, and just move forward. (my response to my brother when he shared with me that that was dads wish....fine, done, give him my number and have him give me a call)
No call...it's been a few weeks.
I wonder what ever happened to that jewelry box, watch and slippers. I what ever happened ....period.


No comments:
Post a Comment