Thursday, April 29, 2010

mission...NOT accomplished....oh well

Well, for starters ...It's a beautiful day! :) love love love the sunshine. The plan was to go to my very 1st Vera Bradley Factory sale. Thanks to a Facebook update from a friend I find myself right here...blogging. Now, I'm really not a Vera fan. I do like some of her stuff but have to admit I really don't get the hype. But being from Indiana and living in such close proximity to her factory I really feel it's something, as a woman, I should experience at least once in my life time. And today was gonna be it. Oh well. The best laid plans are often improved upon. I believe it's more of a God thing rather than disturbances from this world :)(ahhhh the power of positive thinking!) So, as it is I'm sure to have more fun when I do go because I'll be able to attend with one of my VERY favorite people...KATHRYN MARY VAN NESS. I'm sure there are hazards to exposing her to such chaos at a young age but, it's a risk I'm willing to take. Her way in the distant future husband might object should an obsession develop but hey, what can I say. I pretty much live in the here & now. (hee hee) She's unaware of the change in plans & will be stoked I'm sure.

I'm asking for prayers today for my friend Dawn Staggs & my mother in law Emma Jean Van Ness. Dawn & I go way back and today she's really been on my mind. She's battling Breast cancer. If ever there was anyone with a fighting spirit it's her. She's a mother of 3 and very active. Please pray for her & her family as they go through all of this. Emma Jean is having surgery today. She'll spend the night in the hospital and then of course recovery. Don't for get to lift up Ed...as he'll be tending to her. ;P (thanks for praying with me)

So, it happened last night. A moment I was pretty sure would NOT happen to me. In the presence of some teens I was eating my supper & over heard their conversation and I thought to my self..."what idiots"! "Do they really think they know more than the adult that has been professionally trained to educate them?" ...It's official...I'm an old adult. UGH! I'm still processing the whole thing, because I'm not a fan of such thoughts! lol

Well, I'm excited because Andy comes home tonight. I'm looking forward to hearing what Brose McVey has to say about his run for congress AND I don't work again until next Wednesday. (that just occurred to me) YAY!

And now for some of my favorites: sunshine...laughter...hope & possibility...the smell of chocolate chip cookies baking...nachos Mexicanos...a good book (thanks to marsha vermilion)..."hey mom!"...facebook chat...kisses from andy...hugs from kate & matt...
...Giving a big thanks to God for all of those things.

Here's to a great day...now lets get at it!

No comments: