We gather together and share the Lords Blessings.
On Sunday the 25th we gathered with the Van Ness' at Uncle Ralph's. It's always good to get together with family. It was a bitter sweet gathering this time. Sweet to be with everyone and see the newest additions, Charolette & Harper, bitter as Pam & Ann were without their loves, Neal & Rick Van Ness. We could've been celebrating Neal's birthday instead we celebrated one another and just enjoyed the time visiting. Ralph ordered Chinese and desserts and sodas were carried in. In attendence were: Ralph & Elly, her daughter & son-in-law, Ed & Emma Jean, Valda & Dave, Nason, Sara, Allison & Harper, Zach & Julia & Charolette, Pam & Al & Sharon, Ann, and Us. What an enjoyable group and a blessed family. It was a room full of blessings, perseverance and promise. We are a blessed & thankful bunch.
Summit place is the name of the facility were Ralph is currently residing. It's a very nice assisted living place. He reserved the upper game room for our gathering. After all had finished eating another resident wondered into the room. Dressed in her gray sweat suit she took a seat beside me at a table and just sat there for a brief time. We were all laughing and having conversation and I guess she just decided to join in. Ruth is her name. I had gotten up to offer her some pie and when I returned when she was gone. She had taken her seat just outside the open doors in a chair that looked into the game room. This is where she remained until the end of our gathering.
Now I'm the type of person who feels everyone has a story. And Ruth was no exception. According to Ralph, she had a best friend at Summit place who had recently passed away. Ever since her friends passing she has been lost. How sad. I wish she had stuck around and enjoyed some pie and conversation. It would've been nice to have seen Ruth leave with a smile on her face if only for a moment. Instead she just sat outside and watched.
Our next gathering is for sometime in July as Sam, Michelle & Maisie will be here. Emma Jean told me she'll be having surgery on thursday of this week. It appears that thursday will be the eventfull day this week as EJ's surgery will take place, kate has a track meet, and Brose McVey will be speaking at our church. Packed from sun up to sun down. Sounds like the makings for a good day.
Today is a dreary day. Gray, muddy, wet, and cool. ICK! Kate returned to school. Thankfully she's feeling better. I was gonna call the Dr. but think I'll hold out now that she appears to be on the mend.
Andy & I had a date night saturday. Over all the entire saturday was a good day. Andy, Kate & I went to IHOP for breakfast. I of course had a philly steak sandwich. haha. After we went to Wal-mart. It had been a while since we shopped in there since Meijer came to Marion. Kate and I had several chuckles as with little to no effort we found many people who could be featured on peopleofwalmart.com. After we arrived home andy did some work at the house in Amboy and I napped (lol). I then took Kate tanning and when we returned home Andy & I left for our date! We went to Applebee's for dinner and ran into good friends Sherri & Brian Farley so we joined them for our meal. After dinner we were off to the movie. We watched Date Night. Hilarious! I've come to the conclusion that if Gene Shcallet (sp?) doesn't like the movie, then I will love it. I'm a huge fan of laughter and love to hear it and this movie had the entire theater laughing. I was still chuckling the next day. I love my guy! I am so enjoying this journey we're on together.
Well folks, today (& everyday) I ask for you to be prayerful for our kids in school, teachers, this great country of ours. On a more personal level for my brother-in-law and his search for a career, mother-in-law's surgery, my mom, and I'll be selfish and ask for a few prayers of my own. I need a kick in the pants and a whole lot of motivation to get accomplished all that needs to be done so that we can fully start this remodeling project. And it's all on me! Thanks in advance for those.
May God bless this week and may you recognize His great works and know He is God! May you gather together with love ones and share the Lords' blessings.
:) kel


No comments:
Post a Comment