Good Friday 2010....
Location: Marion, Indiana....
It all started at a 3 way stop on the south side of town. The kids and I were behind a car who spent a bit longer at the stop than necessary. They were waving anxiously to get he attention of a gentleman setting on his front porch. As we approached our turn at the stop I said to the kids, "let's get in on the fun!" So, we joined in an sat at the stop sign and began waving at the gentleman. His reaction was priceless! With a look of surprise & confusion it wasn't but a second later that he returned our gesture with a wave of his own and the SMILE of all smiles on his face! As we drove a way a believe I witnessed a bit of a belly laugh. The kids and I laughed and giggled ourselves. I commented that perhaps we made is Good Friday even better and we discussed the power of a smile and a wave, two very simple gestures. We continued on our journey through downtown Marion and then out to the bypass waving at as many people as we could, watching their reactions and enjoying their smiles. I have a feeling some were left wondering who exactly we were! lol What a fun way to enjoy time in the car together and to brighten up someones day with a simple gesture of a smile and a wave.
So fun! So simple! So give a wave, smile & hello...you never know who's day you'll brighten...besides your own!


No comments:
Post a Comment