The awesomeness of the weekend at the Women of Faith conference was ...AWESOME! Just imagine, 14,000 women worshiping, praising, praying to the one and only Amazing God! Imagine a plethora of denominations under one roof in the name of Jesus! Imagine the smile on our Heavenly Fathers face!
For me this is what being a believer and follower of Jesus is about. No boundaries because of denominations. For me those boundaries are of this world. For something tells me that when called HOME you won't find the Methodist worshiping on one block, the Baptist another, & so on ... I attend and "belong" to a Methodist church. But I know little of the Methodist doctrine. The bigger picture is that I'm a follower of the One True God. I believe in His Son Jesus and that he is the Messiah.
However this belief doesn't hold true for all believers. And often it is the criticisms one denomination extends to another that turns off nonbelievers. How sad is that. Gods own people being the reason to not belong to the Kingdom.
This weekend I heard testimony from believers who were probably some of the least likely people to share the grace, mercy and love of our Father. There wasn't one pro athlete, one politician, there was however 1 actress, however her time had come and gone. Although I couldn't really relate to some of the issues they suffered from and had dealt with I, like them was broken. Choices made in my life by me were far far from pleasing to God. Yet, He loved me enough and found me deserving enough to offer up the ultimate sacrifice for my life. How awesome is that! And that excites me, fills me with joy and makes me want to shout about His love, grace and mercy from the top of my lungs.
Being faithful is the least I can be as He has loved me as is! And I am a work in progress. When I'm all "done" He will call me home.
Matthew is home from school this morning...allergies UGH! shooting for a 1/2 day but not at all sure he's gonna make it in. Kate had an appointment this morning for her zits (;P) and it's confirmed...she has them. So the cure, topical ointments, & some oral meds with a follow up in 4 weeks.
Walk was good today. A power walked (for me anyway) 2 miles. Would've like to have walked a bit further but had to cut it short to get kate to the dr. However I think tonight we'll all hit the wellness center and I'll do a bit more walking there. Although not as fun.
Here's a funny turn of events in my world. Some time ago my dad decided to not include me in his regular phone calls to his children, which really just includes my brother Eric and myself. (he does however call the steps who grew up w/ their own father...my dad's best friend!) Well, I've come to terms with all of that all the while my mother has be troubled by his choice to exclude me and my family. Now here's the twist. Aug. 10th I telephoned my mom after not having talked with her for about a week. The last conversation we had was me telling her I was unable to do what she had asked of me on 8/7 because I had planned a party for that morning and had plans to go out of town that afternoon. Knowing how my mom thinks I knew I was being "cut off" of the calling so I called her. We had conversation regarding the kids and their being off to school for the new school year. The entire convo was strained and she ended the call because of another call coming in. I telephoned her again on Wednesday the very next day. Again our call was cut short due to others calling her. And that has been it. Nothing since 8/11. I could call and I will but oh how it frustrates me that I always have to be the one. Always. Interesting because of the very thing that saddens and irritates her about my father she too is guilty of doing.
As a parent myself I don't understand the "unspoken terms and conditioning of parenting" that my parents obviously subscribe to. I don't get the game. And although I enjoy a good contest I don't think they're necessary in family relationships. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there are probably things that both parents feel they need to say to me...expressed disappointment, frustration, idk...whatever yet neither find me or our own relationship important enough to say it.
I quit calling my dad simply because I had nothing left to say. It was like calling a stranger and trying to have a conversation. I really didn't care about he weather in Ocala Florida. And he didn't care enough to call me, or his grandchildren. He asked about them but there was never a need to actually talk to them. I didn't call my mom on thurs, fri, etc...because I was curious. Curious as to whether or not she would call me. Like I said I sensed she had something on her mind but just chose to not say anything. A game perhaps...but certainly no winners. (just whiners)
Well I'll end this posting with a powerful thought that I came away with from the weekend. God has mad our will greater than any emotion. Now I have a phone call to make.


1 comment:
Kel, I'm sorry you have family crap, too. We've decided that we need to care for our immediate family, and not subscribe to the drama that is the daily "norm" for some people. Take care of Andy and the kids, talk to the others when they call, and enjoy life!
Love you,
Sherri
Post a Comment