Wednesday, April 7, 2010

"he was cute until he opened his mouth"

The blog title is a quote from my daughter. And how true it is of so many. lol

Well, there's been a lot going on. I mentioned in an earlier blog that we're in the final stage of the school year! woo hoo! The last 9 weeks went out with a bang. It was the worst grading period for my kids for a number of reasons. Matthew managed to get himself banned from the computer lab for a 2 week period. They were given free time and while playing on kid pics realized that it would verbalize what you typed...needless to say he decide to test the system! (ugh) He's such a boy. Well, with out repeating what he typed he managed to freeze the computer & shut down his system until the teacher reviewed it with him. He had to call Andy or I & tell us what happened and what he typed. I was at a funeral so he got Andy...when Andy called me to tell me about the situation he was cracking up! You know how one child tends to be more like one parent than the other...well, Matt looks like the Van Ness' but acts like me! God help us... :) Kathryn found her voice. For the 4 years I worked in the school the 8th grade science teacher frustrated (to say the very least) many students, if not most. Few ever stood up for themselves against him. She finally did! Afterwards she was concerned about the repercussions her actions might've had but I told her not to worry...whatever happened happened and this too shall pass. I was just glad she felt strong enough to stand up for herself.

We were able to celebrate Easter at Aunt Peggy's this year. She's def. my kids favorite. Brian & family, Valarie & Family, Susan & Dan, Peg, Ed & EJ and Us were all there. Wish Amy & her family could've been with us in addition to Mark & Sam & Family. The kids really enjoyed each other! It would be nice if they could get together more often. Emma, Kathryn, Sam, Matthew, Rhiley, Carly, Mia are the kids in order of age. There's a year +/- between all except Mia who's the youngest. They really had fun. The egg hunt was a success & as always the food was excellent: chicken & noodles, mashed pot., fruit salad, green beans, cheesy cauliflower, relish tray, shrimp, cheese cake, & cake. (yum) I took the green beans & cauliflower. They were both new recipes and very good. We ended our Easter holiday at my moms. We had planned on joining her for an evening meal but were were all too full.

This week is a big one for Kathryn. She'll be trying out for Freshman cheerleader on Thursday. I sure hope she makes the squad. She really enjoys it and is quite good at it.

The new & last 9 weeks seems to be off to a good start! (thank you God) Here's to hoping it finishes up on the same note.

Monday: I cleaned entry, p/u kids & took kate back to cheer. It was a good day.
Tuesday: Not a good day. Did not sleep well at all...napped in the morning but just didn't feel well. Didn't go to KH appointment. Worked, had salad & wings for supper
Wednesday: so far so good...working tonight. it's a gloomy day looks like a storm could be brewing... I love storms.

OH, I for got the birthday update...Kate turned 14 on the 29th of march. We got her the purity ring she asked for (tanzanite w/ 6 diamonds) very pretty. So proud of her and the choices she's making for her self. Matthew turned 12 on the 14th of march. He got Xbox live subscriptions and all the techy stuff needed to make it all work....then he got grounded for the anticts listed above...(this too has passed).

whew...i do believe i'm caught up. Now that feels better.

1 comment:

thepaperroSe said...

Kelly
really enjoy reading your blog. it is an encouragement. I have one and have not posted since last November!!!! Just not really writer.....thanks for sharing