skip to main |
skip to sidebar
She got her way...
First let me start with an explanation. I am the aggravater, the frustrater, the one who challenged everything she said, did, expected. And truth be told probably much like her I did what I wanted. In the dynamic of our relationship that is the role I played. (& i played it well!) But lets be honest. I was her child, she raised me and bottom line she loved me...never wavered one bit in loving me. For that I am forever grateful.
My mom loved crafts, craft shows, craft magazines, craft supplies, etc.... I HATED THEM WITH A PASSION. Over the past year I've given much consideration to my disdain for her passion. And really the only reason I could come up with for NOT liking her hobby/lively hood was because to me it seemed to be her focus....(not me). To me I saw the struggles of finding people to help when those who started the hobby with her no longer were around. To me I saw the difficulty growing and her physical inability to create dwindle. I saw the panic, the frustration, the pain, the struggle to keep THAT aspect of her life from changing and "leaving" her too. What I didn't see was the joy she received while crating. I knew it was there, I just didn't see more of it then I did the struggles. Bottom line, my mom created beautiful things. Whether or not it was your cup of tea there was no denying her talent.
I avoided her craft shows, it's been years! since i've been to a James Dean Festival. I discouraged the craft shows and I was less then supportive. ....Yet, I without fail....complaining all the way to her house, & all the way home (right anne?) I always cleared my schedule to take her to shop for supplies so she could do what she loved. That was our time. But really that was MY time.
Moving on...
Mom never ever ever wanted to be in a nursing home. - CHECK! Mom never ever ever wanted to be in a wheelchair. - CHECK! Mom wanted oh so badly to have a day with out pain. - CHECK!
She is living in a mansion, doing cartwheels (i'd love to see that!), running skipping, (& I bet she's not slowing down a a bit) And she'll be forever pain free.
And coming up the last full weekend in September at the Fairmount James Dean Festival my brother and I and our families will be setting up her craft booth. (you got lucky mom...no purdue football game that saturday ;P) All the beautiful things she has made over the years will be on display and ready to go. No price, no sale, just donations for her charities. Just another way to share her talents and honor her.
We will have all come home.....
...She will have gotten her way....(as it should be)
No comments:
Post a Comment