Thursday, October 28, 2010

laughter is the best medicine

Well as predicted Matthew was home today...sick. Although as mom I felt I knew what meds to give him and we did have them "in stock" if you will as both my kids tend to get bronchitis on a somewhat regular basis. (it lays dormant in the lugs and can flare up ...it's our version of the common cold) Sure enough the diagnosis was a cold with the onset of bronchitis (ha!). Yet I allowed the Dr. to tell me this so that he could provided me with the highly coveted RETURN TO SCHOOL/SEEN ON ________ piece of paper and the script for necessary meds.

While visiting with the Dr. he inquired with Matt what was "going on". As Matt gave him the run down of symptoms and a synopsis on how he was feeling I interjected and told him not to forget to mention the burning sensation he complained of earlier today. He shared. At this point the nurse gave Matt "the cup" and sent him to the restroom. While the urine was being evaluated the Dr. did his own evaluation on Matt. Once he finished with the ears, nose, throat & lungs he asked Matt to lay back and took a peek...down below. Good news everything "looked good". The good Dr. went on to say his urinalysis came back clear and the the burning could be caused by something as simple as soap entering the urethra when showering and suggested he not use soap in that area. According to the Dr. "unless it's dragging the ground it shouldn't get too dirty down there" (bahahhahahahahahahaha) Matt & I both cracked up. Me, so much so I had trouble getting control of myself because his comment was not at all what I was expecting. Being me, I looked at my son and inquired..."does it drag the ground?" Before Matt could respond the good Dr. says "I assure you it does not!"
bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Matt said "THANKS!" and then let him know he had made his day. We chuckled all the way home about that one.

No comments: