Well, it has come to an end. Fall break that is. And for me it was rather uneventful. Some progress was made though - the pool is down. The kids had a fun/busy weekend. And that's good since it's them the break is for. Kate spent Saturday at Kings Island and Matt had a party he attended Sunday evening. Matt spent Monday with his friend Nick, and Kate & I took my mom shopping for her craft crap. It was a tiring day.
Todays weather is severe. Just the way I like it. We've got a lot of wind and storms are headed our way. I know I'm weird. But that was established early on. I do pray that no one is hurt as a result of the severe weather. I wouldn't mind being in the Rockies though as they're expecting snow accumulation. (my personal favorite)
Listening to the news and weather reports this morning I was reminded how "loud" if you will the negative news reports are. From shootings, robberies, bad weather...etc. How sad is it that it's the 'yuck' stuff we tend to talk so loudly about. Myself included. It's what causes us to pause on a station, stirs up conversations and debates and what tends to resonate with us. Sad. I have to wonder how long a channel would survive if it was nothing but Good News. I do think I would be apt to tune into it. Reports of criminals caught, justice prevailing, families enjoying life, you know the feel good stuff. It's there you know.
My feel good moments from the weekend, laughing with my children, being able to accompany my mom on an outing which is very hard for her to do, even though I grumble about it. And the joy you get when you come home and everyone is all together.
What's your feel good story?


No comments:
Post a Comment