Thursday, August 12, 2010

178 but who's counting :)

Do I dare say it...the school year is off to a good start! woo hoo! Got tickled at my kids when I picked them up day one. Both were so proud of themselves because they REMEMBERED to get their home work. Upon arriving home they realized they only got PART of their homework. Problem solving skill put to use and they both managed to finish their assignments. That in itself is a success from years past! Day 2 was far more successful for getting needed items home so that homework could be completed. However Matthew didn't want to share with me what had been assigned and requested that I just trust him that he could handle it. Blind faith ...ON! Mornings have been good even. Every one has woke up on their own, hit the showers, clothing selections made and lunches packed! I think I'm living in a dream. :D

The good Lord granted me a beautiful day for my walk. It was nice to have companionship today. (thanks for joining Heather & Kim) It was nice to laugh and talk and not think about the aches my big old self was feeling. I said a prayer on my way to the train for my walk and asked that God ease my pain so that I might hold up while walking. He did just that. A part of me felt so silly asking for such a thing when so many others truly suffer yet He got me through just the same. PTL!

And now for my ramblings: I can't seem to get enough tomatoes! I've not had a coke or soda since july 25th ....well, other than the occasional sip that has happened 3x's (huge accomplishment for me) More over I've not desired it...that my friends is a God thing! Jen Lancaster has become my favorite author. Stoked for some boilermaker football! Gummy smiles distract me. Bickering is unnecessary. Phones like roads go both ways. I miss my grandma and grandpa Stroup. I love living life and making memories and friends! - I think that's what defines me the most. My husband is admirable, my daughter is inspirational, my son is compassionate and I admire them all.

This is one HOT Thursday! Perhaps a dip in the pool should be the part of the plan today!

Until tomorrow. Now go make a difference today!

No comments: