I don't mind getting older. I just don't want to look older. Now I'm not talking a need to stop wrinkles for I think they add character. What I'm talking about is looking old, frumpy...coming across like "older" people do. Aesthetically the only thing I do to avoid the aged look is color my hair. I personally just am not a fan of salt/pepper look on women. Call me sexist but for men, well I think it's kinda hot. Now, if I could be all white haired that would be okay! It's a pretty look.
I don't want to ever wear Velcro closure shoes especially in taupe. I don't want my boobs anywhere near the waist band on my pants. I hope to never shop from the inserts in the Sunday paper coupon section. No matter how cool or comfortable the product promises to be. I hope to never look at "today's teens" and shake my head in disgust.
I hope to have conversations that have substance and humor.
I think growing old should be as exciting and fun (albeit somewhat more painful)as growing up was. Think about it. We've achieved the biggies: drivers license, 18, drinking age, and before too long we'll approach the age of reward! Sr. citizen discounts! Sr. rewards!!!! ahhh I can't wait. I'm not even a fan of shopping but just knowing that if I shop on a particular day of the week I'm in for an additional savings...count me in! woot woot!
So, here's to growing older and keeping "it" together without morphing into an old person.


No comments:
Post a Comment