Well the much anticipated first day of high school and jr. high has arrived. I cannot believe my baby girl is starting her high school career and my boy jr. high. What a beginning to a period of time that goes way to fast. I'm afraid to blink.
I become so reflective this time of year. I see comments of facebook from kids who I've come to know through school. I tend to get teary eyed. Weather I was an Instructional Aide for them, a substitute teacher, or just an adult who managed to connect, I am so thankful for all of those RELATIONSHIPS! As taboo as my former employer wanted those to be the blessing they've brought to my life are unmeasurable.
For whatever reason there were connections made with kids that some educators deemed 'unreachable'. And the joy that has come with staying in touch, seeing them succeed, and being able to call them "friend" far exceeds any paycheck ever received!
I just saw a piece on the news about a 1st grade teacher spending her summer meeting her new students in their home, building relationships with their families...what an awesome thing. I'm unsure of her religious beliefs but I am sure of mine and God has a called us to build relationships.
I pray for this new school year healthy relationships are built. I pray that instead of focusing of differences people look for common ground. Daily YOU can choose to build someone up or tear them down...choose to build them up! Pray for those who you might find challenging and as for prayer for yourself as odd are you too are challenging to others. We're all alike in that manner. These principles are not just for the classroom & hallways but for all walks of life.
Choose not just to be different but to make a difference. I can only hope I have done just that!


No comments:
Post a Comment