Do you ever give much thought to the people who you come in contact with? Those who God has put in your path? I don't know that I ever did initially but you know what they say, hind sight is 20/20. I think as a parent I've been most aware of the people who have come in and out of the lives of my children. Teachers, Sunday school teachers, coaches, friends & their parents have all in some way or another touched the lives of my children and in some ways have had some sort of influence. I would like to name a few.
People who have influenced my daughters life: Mrs. Fleck - 1st grade teacher. She kept my daughter engaged in learning, reading and really lit a fire in her for education. 180 days of fun & learning in her class. As a parent I couln't be more thankful for her. I credit her for Kathryn's love of school. Mrs. Belcher - 7th grade advanced Lit. teacher. A shared appreciation for books and reading has taken Kathryn's' love of all things book related to a new level. Lisa tapped into creative thinking, challenged individual thought and thinking outside of the box. God for sure put Lisa into my daughters life at a time when she needed it most and answered my prayer by retuning her to instruct her freshman honors English class! In what can be considered a child's most formative years God placed 2 very creative, inspiring, strong women in my daughters life. I'm so grateful for the difference they have made and their influences.
People who have influenced my sons life: Tim Becker - Worship leader at Mt. Olive UMC. and adult leader with the youth. Tim has taken the "time" much needed in getting to know my son. He has taken the time to get to know his heart and continues to lead him to the Lord. He has believed in him when others who should've have not. He has helped him to rise above the "stuff" of this life and reminded him to keep his sights on a life that matters and is pleasing to the Lord. Matts teachers in 5th & 6th grade - ...the influences were not positive personal experiences yet my son came away from it all stronger, more confident, more sure and more empowered than he had ever been before. Matt sorted through all the negative that came at him, the disappointing attitudes of adults around him and decided the important thing was for him to like himself. 360 days later he has entered a new realm and he has a positive attitude and a new outlook and a new greater inspiration...God & himself.


No comments:
Post a Comment